Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Welcome to the Blog

I am a doctor and I love technology. To be more blunt, I love toys. The expensive kind. It could be an ipad, it could be an ipod touch, or the latest iphone. The latest in technology can provide tremendous improvements in efficiency. Or, you can play the latest "Angry Birds" version in between patient visits.

I have been a proponent for technology for quite some time. As a medical student I valiantly tried to do my daily patient notes on my palm device (sony pda or handera 330) and then find an IR printer to print them and stick them in the chart. I have invested a lot of money in headsets, recorders, and various devices to try to get Dragon Naturally speaking to work effort free.

I even wish my Ipad would work seamlessly with Cerner Powerchart. Alas its never that simple.

My interest in technology lead me to get an AMIA 10x10 certification in 2009.

And many others have many good reasons and ideas to do a blog. So many doctors blog these days its hard to keep up with it all. I've heard you should stick to what you know.

I know toys. Expensive toys that sometimes help, sometimes hurt. So I'll be blogging about my love of toys. I might also mention how they interface with social media.


No comments:

Post a Comment